Phonic and Spelling Schemes used at The Queen Anne School
- Songs of Sounds Phonic scheme is used in the Foundation Stage and KS1.
- The Year 1 phonics screening check is a quick and easy check of your child’s phonics knowledge. It helps your school confirm whether your child has made the expected progress – Year 1 Phonic test information.
- Read,Write Inc Spellings is used in Years 3 and 4.
- National Curriculum spelling lists can be found at :https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/239784/English_Appendix_1_-_Spelling.pdf
- Not sure how to pronounce each phonic sound?
- Want to make sure you are getting it just right for your child?
Please view this short presentation on letter articulation.http://wsassets.s3.amazonaws.com/ws/nso/mov/36d8cfa311b96640836a668bd8d395db.mov
Please ask your child’s class teacher for further information if you are unsure .
Reading Schemes used to develop readers at The Queen Anne School
- The Oxford Reading Tree
- Dandelion Readers
- Usbourne Reading programme
Children will bring their reading book home each day. It is expected that you share your child’s reading book with them every evening , if possible. A laminated sheet of question starters are provided for each parent to support reading at home.
Children have an opportunity to bring home library book each week too!